Last year, more than 1,300 volunteers donated about 10,000 hours of time to help us feed Iowans in need. Sign up to volunteer for a one-time event, as a regular volunteer or as a skills-based volunteer, and use your talents to benefit your neighbors in need.
Regular Volunteer Opportunities
- Food Drive Sorting— Sort and package donated grocery items to be distributed to partners and clients throughout our service area.
- Produce Sorting— Sort and bag fresh produce to be distributed to partners and clients throughout our service area.
- Bread Sorting— Help separate donated bakery items that can be distributed to partners and clients from those that arrived spoiled.
- Special Events— Represent the Food Bank of Iowa and collect donations at events like sporting events, community festivals and more.
- Family Box Packing— Pack boxes of groceries to be distributed to families in need through our School Pantry Program and our Mobile Pantry Program.
- Garden Assistance (summer and early fall)— Help seed, tend and harvest fresh fruits and vegetables to be distributed to Iowans in need
Skills-Based Volunteering allows you to put your talents and experience to work for the Food Bank of Iowa. Opportunities are diverse and can be tailored to match your skills. Complete our form to get started!
Volunteer opportunities at the Food Bank of Iowa do count for school or work service hours (e.g., Silver Cord), but not court-ordered community service.
Questions? If you have any questions, please contact Michaela Devaney at 515-867-2886 or firstname.lastname@example.org.