Somewhere in Iowa, a single mother makes calculations in her head, planning how long she can stretch what’s in her pantry and feed her children. Somewhere in Iowa, a senior citizen faces a lose-lose choice between paying for health care and groceries. Somewhere in Iowa, a child waits eagerly for lunch, knowing that the school meal may be the only food he gets today.
At the Food Bank of Iowa, we’re dedicated to ending hunger in Iowa—for each one of the 180,000 food-insecure people that we serve. With your help, we can.
- 180,000 Iowans in our service area struggle to access enough food for themselves and their families
- That’s one in eight Iowans and one in five Iowa kids
- Food Bank of Iowa can multiply your gift, turning $5 into 20 meals or $25 into 100 meals
- Hunger hinders health, growth, education and work performance
- Last year, we provided nearly 10 million meals to hungry Iowans
The Food Bank of Iowa is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, and all donations are tax-deductible.